Well folks, the time has come. Your girl turned two decades old! What a feat! September is my birthday month and it could not have flown by faster. I decided to put together a list of some things I learned by the age of 20. So without furtherado,
1. The only opinion that truly matters is your own. Cheesy, but true. Take what other people have to say with a grain of salt. If you believe it a decision will truly make you happy, then go for it!
2. Social media is not everything. This past year I have truly come to understand the hold that social media has on us. It may be fun, and futile to some, but to most it is just a time killer. Not to say that I hate it, just that I’m not all for it anymore.
3. Material items aren’t worth it. Instead of going out on a shopping spree and hitting up boatloads of stores, save your money and go on a trip with you best friends. Now is the time to travel, while you are young and have nothing to tie you down. So hit up the thrift store for your next pair of mom jeans instead of going to Topshop, and put that extra money towards a weekend getaway!
4. Be fucking brave. If you see something you want, go after it. Don’t let a goddamn thing stand in your way.
5. It’s not the numbers that count, it’s who counts. By this I mean you don’t need a plethora of friends at your beck and call. Stick with your best friends and don’t let the good ones go. But don’t deny new friends either! I’m just saying don’t think that having a lot of friends matters. It’s who your friends are that counts.
6. You are a fucking goddess. You are. I am. And don’t let anybody tell you otherwise. That cute boy you think has no idea you exist? Who knows, he may just be harboring a secret crush on you. You won’t know until you accept the facts. You are a babe and anybody would be damn lucky to have you by their side.
7. Print out the memories. That amazing photoshoot you had with your besties? Yea, print out some physical copies of that so you can admire them years down the road. Don’t rely on technology to save all of your data. In this day and age kids are growing up with everything backed up onto a hard drive. Don’t let that happen to you.
8. Don’t rush in to things. Just cause your friend may be getting to second base with this guy while your other friends just hit the 2 year mark with their boyfriends, doesn’t mean you need to prove anything. Let things flow naturally and everything will turn out how it’s meant to.
Till next time, xx