Now just what did you think you think this article was about? Get your mind out of the gutter, and keep reading!
Lately it’s been rainy as heck in nyc & I’ve been spending a substantial amount of time indoors. I know many people hate being confined due to crappy weather, while others relish in the gloomy skies. Here is a list of things you can do/be thankful for while it rains.
- Canvass embroidery! The other day on Instagram I saw Natalie‘s beautiful canvas work and got so inspired. So just pic up a cheap canvas, doodle your fav image, and go at it with a needle and thread!
- Read an online publication. I just discovered that I can read one of my favorite magazines, Local Wolves, for free on the app Issuu! Honestly, what a life saver. Plus this allows me to cuddle up in bed while reading hehe.
- Try out a new recipe. I constantly see recipes on instagram and youtube that I want to try out, but never find the time for. What better time than a rainy day when you’re stuck inside? Gather your family and make it fun!
- Board games. Totally overdone, right? Wrong. Board games never get old, so crack out the Yatzhee, Monopoly, and Game of Life. Let loose your competitive side and have a ball!
- Relax. How often can you say you’ve kicked backed and relaxed for an entire day? Now’s the time! Light a yummy scented candle, turn on you jams, and enjoy your down time.
- Make a playlist. Spend this rainy day hand selecting your favorite tunes to jam to in the upcoming weeks.
- Write a list of what makes you happy, what your thankful for. Something I would include on my list, is the way sunlight looks when filtering through leaves. There’s something so beautiful and peaceful about a gentle breeze, warm air, and sun peeking through the trees.
What is one thing that would make it onto your list? Let me know down below! I hope you enjoyed this and get some ideas on how to spend your next rainy day.
Till next time, xx