Hello 2016! I welcome you with open arms and a cup of tea. I know I’m a tad late with a New Year’s post, but better late than never, right?
With the start of a new year I like to reflect on my past year. 2015 was quite a ride.
This past year had a lot of ups and downs. I struggled and overcome depression during my first year of college. I met loads of wonderful people who I love dearly. I could go on and on listing the positives and negatives, but I won’t bore you.
Each new year people create resolutions with the hopes of making the upcoming year even better than the last. Now, I have never been one for resolutions. I can only think of a year or two where I told myself I had to do this and that, and that I’d better stick to my guns. Obviously, that never panned out quite like I hoped.
This year, however, I mentally made a list of goals for 2016. Be careful not to mix them up with resolutions. I am not trying to resolve any issues; I simply want to become a better version of myself. I love me as I am now, and as I was in 2015. However, I believe I could improve upon myself more. Without further ado, my goals of 2016.
- Be more adventurous. Say yes to what comes my way.
- Be the kind of person I would want to be friends with.
- Take a break once in a while and do something I love (which does not include watching TV or playing on my phone).
- Make sure my loved ones know how much they mean to me.
- Be more active. This does not mean exercise; it means not spending hours in my room, and instead going out to explore.
- Work hard, because it’ll pay off in the end.
- Be a more authentic me.
I hope you enjoyed my list. Maybe some of you got inspiration for yourselves. Leave a comment of a goal you have for this upcoming year. I would love to hear it!
I hope 2016 treats you all well!